Our Hubs & Our Shops
We are based in several locations across York and North Yorkshire. These are our learning hubs where personalised learning and work skills programmes are ran from.
THE MELBOURNE CENTRE, YORK
Escrick Street, Fishergate, York, YO10 4AW
Tel: 01904 638885
Each year we aim to support students on personalised learning programmes and Supported Internships to apply for paid work, as appropriate. Between 2019 and 2020, seven of our supported interns progressed to paid work and we continue to support them with their career development.
We also offer Supported Employment services in York, Selby and Scarborough funded through Social Care.
The Supported Employment service is for people who want to be part of a workplace and who want to aim to progress to employment: either paid or unpaid work. The individual will need to have access to a direct payment through Social Care to take up this option.
We have a team of qualified IAG (Information, Advice and Guidance) staff to support people with their skills development and with finding and applying for unpaid and paid work.
Our Supported Employment options are:
- Blueberry Pop Up Shop - retail and customer service
- Blueberry Garden Care - commercial gardening work
- Blueberry Co-operative - arts and crafts, up cycling and basic woodwork
- Blueberry Community Enterprise - a range of work activities out and about including leaflet delivery, gardening and outdoor maintenance
- Blueberry at Woodend Gallery and Creative Space, Scarborough
- Blueberry at EmPeople Art Enterprise, Selby
- Individual work placements based with partner employers
- the guidance to identify skills and abilities
- employability skills training
- supported work opportunities
- job coaching in the workplace
- support with applying for work and finding sustainable paid or unpaid work
Through assisting people to apply for Access To Work (a government initiative) we can often continue to coach and support people once they are in employment, as part of a longer term plan to enable people to work more independently.
We are a member of BASE, the British Association for Supported Employment. www.base-uk.org
Employers and Partners:
We are proud to work with a wide range of employers and community organisations. Through these mutually rewarding partnerships, we are able to offer rich, varied and appropriately challenging programmes to our students as well as opportunities for sustainable work activity or paid employment for both our learners and supported employment service users.
We provide real in-work support and a job coach for people on placement, with regular reviews to ensure that the experience is meeting the employer’s needs as well as the individual’s training needs.
We can also support employers by advising on reasonable adjustments.
Blueberry is a member of BASE, the British Association for Supported Employment.Our partners include:
Would you like to help a young person on their first steps towards working life?
Could you offer a work placement to a Blueberry trainee?You could:
- give a young person with a learning difficulty or disability improved confidence and the opportunity to show their abilities
- gain your business a reputation as a forward thinking organisation with a genuine commitment to equality and diversity
- develop your staff team
- make a real difference to a young person’s chances of gaining paid work